Welcome & Pre-date #1
In a little over a week Pam and I will head for Denver and her appointment at National Jewish Hospital. It's been a long couple of years, especially the past few months as we have waited, hoped, been crushed, and had hope restored for this opportunity.
Because of so many expressions of concerns and pledges from colleagues, students, friends, and family to pray for Pam, we've decided to use this blog site to provide updates from Denver and let you know what to pray for. In this way you can choose when or if you read and we will not fill your email box. I'll try to update the site on a regular basis (if I can get my computer to cooperate).
Pre-date #1: Pam is to "check-in" at NJH on Tuesday morning, November 7 at 9:00 am. We were supposed to have already received a tentative schedule for her testing, but found out today that Pam's case manager no longer works at the hospital. So, it appears some paper work may be lagging behind. We will leave Abilene on either the Saturday or Sunday before her appoinitment begins and make the trip in at least two stages, based on how Pam is feeling and how well she tolerates the travel. We'll stay at a hotel just down the street - convenient for her daily trip(s) to NJH. NJH advises that they will complete their testing and treatment plan for a final doctors consult no earlier than November 14 (one full week), and have advised us that they may extend her testing/treatment through November 16.
Pam has begun tapering off some medication and will go off all of it about five days before the appointment (instead of the original ten days prior - thankfully). So far, so good - she is certainly feeling the effect, but is making it.
Because of so many expressions of concerns and pledges from colleagues, students, friends, and family to pray for Pam, we've decided to use this blog site to provide updates from Denver and let you know what to pray for. In this way you can choose when or if you read and we will not fill your email box. I'll try to update the site on a regular basis (if I can get my computer to cooperate).
Pre-date #1: Pam is to "check-in" at NJH on Tuesday morning, November 7 at 9:00 am. We were supposed to have already received a tentative schedule for her testing, but found out today that Pam's case manager no longer works at the hospital. So, it appears some paper work may be lagging behind. We will leave Abilene on either the Saturday or Sunday before her appoinitment begins and make the trip in at least two stages, based on how Pam is feeling and how well she tolerates the travel. We'll stay at a hotel just down the street - convenient for her daily trip(s) to NJH. NJH advises that they will complete their testing and treatment plan for a final doctors consult no earlier than November 14 (one full week), and have advised us that they may extend her testing/treatment through November 16.
Pam has begun tapering off some medication and will go off all of it about five days before the appointment (instead of the original ten days prior - thankfully). So far, so good - she is certainly feeling the effect, but is making it.
